12 March 2014

How to Juggle Hit Location Rules in Fudge

As I mentioned previously (q.v.), I like to use different rules options depending on my mood in any given session. Some options are too good not to use, so I try to use them all. Another combat-related example is hit locations. I like called attacks. I also like random hit locations. I also like hits that default to the torso. When I GM, I use all three options.

The following rule builds upon my own Alternate Section 4.35, Hit Location.

All attacks are made against random hit locations unless the attacker declares that a hit location is being targeted (known as a called attack).

A called attack must succeed by the required minimum relative degree in order to make contact with the targeted hit location. If the attack succeeds, but not by the minimum relative degree, then the defender chooses the hit location.

If the non-player character combatants are numerous and/or minor, the GM may rule that all attacks that are not called attacks are made against their torso hit location instead of rolling for random hit locations.

[Edited from an article originally posted in Fudgery.net/fudgerylog on 7 March 2011.]

No comments:

Post a Comment